Before patients address their acne scarring, they must speak to a dermatological professional to determine the type and severity of the acne scars. Some may even resolve over time, while others are permanent and they must be addressed with treatment. The most common types of acne scars include macules, tissue loss, tissue scarring, and skin discoloration (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation).
Once the type of scarring has been determined during an initial examination with Dr. Christine Lee, patients can then speak with her about the proper methods of removal. In addition, a dermatologist can also discuss with patients the ways in which they can prevent future acne blemishes that can result in further acne scars.
Common acne scar treatments may include:
Microdermabrasion and dermabrasion
Dermabrasion and microdermabrasion are popular solutions for acne scar treatment. These treatments use a brush (dermabrasion) or a very small crystal spray (microdermabrasion) which can help remove the upper surface of the skin, thus reducing the depth of scars. Patients may require downtime after these procedures but will see almost immediate results.
Peels are used to reduce acne scar depth while also treating any post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. These are administered by a dermatological professional and different strengths can be used based off the severity of scarring.
To help heal acne lesions and address acne scars, some patients may benefit from skin rejuvenation through laser therapies. Dr. Christine Lee has over 40 lasers in her state-of-the-art practice that can be used to remove the upper layer of skin and renew one's overall appearance.
For deep scars, patients can use certain dermal fillers to add volume and reduce the depressed appearance of the scar itself. Dermal fillers are not permanent but can last several months. They may also help in a more long-term fashion by stimulating collagen to the area or adding hyaluronic acid to the scar, which can attract water and maintain volume.
- Walnut Creek, CA area patients ask, how do Botox injections work?
- Learn about effective acne treatment with a dermatologist in the area of Walnut Creek, CA
- What are the benefits of laser acne scar removal in Walnut Creek, CA?
- Find the best acne treatment with the professionals in Walnut Creek
- Seeking acne scar removal? Walnut Creek laser specialists offer customized, precision treatment
- Walnut Creek residents learn the benefits of laser acne scar removal
- Teens want acne treatment products that work, and can get them from Walnut Creek dermatologist Dr. Christine Lee
- Dermatologist in San Francisco offers treatment for acne
- What acne scar treatments might Walnut Creek area dermatologist recommend?
- How Bay Area patients can seek treatment for pimple scars
- Lafayette area dermatologist describes the removal of acne scars
- Which pimple treatment is most appropriate for Pleasant Hills area patients?
- Get the right acne treatment from a clinic in Walnut Creek
- Know the facts; get help at the East Bay acne clinic
- Treatment for chronic acne is available in Walnut Creek
- What are Some Common Treatments for Acne?
Back to Acne Home Page