Acne is a common issue that doesn’t just occur in teenagers. In fact, many adults deal with adult acne well into their 30’s and 40’s. Dr. Christine Lee works closely with these patients to help them determine the type of acne they are struggling with, the severity, the cause, and then develop a skin care routine that can control their condition.
Acne treatment in a dermatology practice is designed with the patient in mind. Dr. Christine Lee understands that no two cases are the same. Some treatments may work better for one patient than they do for another. Other times, treatment may be a series of trial and error to determine how the skin reacts to certain services.
The first step in the treatment of acne is designing a skin care regimen. This includes cleansers, toners, and moisturizers to ensure the skin’s surface is clean and free from bacteria. Second, many topical creams may be introduced into the skin care regimen. These may include ingredients; such as benzoil peroxide and salicylic acid, which are known for reducing acne. While these ingredients are often found in over-the-counter products, they are more concentrated and stronger in prescription-strength creams.
Once patients have their acne controlled, they may want to begin adding in other treatments that can help them with their skin. This may include services; such as, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, light therapy, and laser therapy. These can be integrated into one’s skin care regimen and can continue to improve the skin. Not only can these control acne, but they may also help with other issues such as sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and overall texture and tone of the skin’s surface.
- Walnut Creek, CA area patients ask, how do Botox injections work?
- Learn about effective acne treatment with a dermatologist in the area of Walnut Creek, CA
- What are the benefits of laser acne scar removal in Walnut Creek, CA?
- Find the best acne treatment with the professionals in Walnut Creek
- Seeking acne scar removal? Walnut Creek laser specialists offer customized, precision treatment
- Walnut Creek residents learn the benefits of laser acne scar removal
- Teens want acne treatment products that work, and can get them from Walnut Creek dermatologist Dr. Christine Lee
- Dermatologist in San Francisco offers treatment for acne
- What acne scar treatments might Walnut Creek area dermatologist recommend?
- How Bay Area patients can seek treatment for pimple scars
- Lafayette area dermatologist describes the removal of acne scars
- Which pimple treatment is most appropriate for Pleasant Hills area patients?
- Get the right acne treatment from a clinic in Walnut Creek
- Know the facts; get help at the East Bay acne clinic
- Treatment for chronic acne is available in Walnut Creek
- What are Some Common Treatments for Acne?
Back to Acne Home Page