In a recent study from the University of California San Francisco, researchers discovered that teens with acne want treatment or products that will fully eliminate their concerns, not just reduce symptoms. Most products that are available to teens only improve the appearance of the skin about 40 to 60 percent. This is not sufficient to fulfill their needs for confidence and aesthetic beauty. Teens involved in this study reported that they are willing to spend more time and money in treatment if they can get the results they want.
Acne is not a hygiene problem
One of the common misconceptions about acne is that the teen is somehow at least partially responsible for his or her condition. Acne is a condition that tends to occur during the teen years because there is a strong hormonal link that exacerbates skin irritation and primes it for bacterial activity in clogged pores. The natural increase in oil production makes it difficult to keep pores clean and free of debris and other matter. Sometimes, teens wash their face aggressively or with strong ingredients, which actually makes the problem worse.
Get treatment that works
Dr. Christine Lee is an experienced, board-certified dermatologist who understands the nature of acne, as well as its emotional impact. She offers expert care and support that patients need to identify the right solution for their type of acne. By conducting a thorough examination and consultation, Dr. Lee is able to devise a personal treatment program for each patient to achieve optimal results.
Acne treatment may involve a concentrated topical solution, but there are often other therapies that will expedite healing. These include microdermabrasion or chemical peels, which are intended to gently exfoliate dead, damaged cells from the surface of the skin. The removal of these cells paves the way for pores to open and for the surface to remain healthier. Patients may also benefit from light and laser therapies, which can destroy bacteria that cause skin inflammation.
Acne can be a devastating problem. To get treatment that works, contact your Walnut Creek dermatologist at (925) 500-1180.
- Walnut Creek, CA area patients ask, how do Botox injections work?
- Learn about effective acne treatment with a dermatologist in the area of Walnut Creek, CA
- What are the benefits of laser acne scar removal in Walnut Creek, CA?
- Find the best acne treatment with the professionals in Walnut Creek
- Seeking acne scar removal? Walnut Creek laser specialists offer customized, precision treatment
- Walnut Creek residents learn the benefits of laser acne scar removal
- Teens want acne treatment products that work, and can get them from Walnut Creek dermatologist Dr. Christine Lee
- Dermatologist in San Francisco offers treatment for acne
- What acne scar treatments might Walnut Creek area dermatologist recommend?
- How Bay Area patients can seek treatment for pimple scars
- Lafayette area dermatologist describes the removal of acne scars
- Which pimple treatment is most appropriate for Pleasant Hills area patients?
- Get the right acne treatment from a clinic in Walnut Creek
- Know the facts; get help at the East Bay acne clinic
- Treatment for chronic acne is available in Walnut Creek
- What are Some Common Treatments for Acne?
Back to Acne Home Page