Dermatologist in Walnut Creek, CA offers skin treatments such as chemical peels
By Dr. Christine Lee
Walnut Creek, CA area patients looking for a dermatologist in the community that offers a wide selection of skin enhancement services are welcome to book a consultation visit with Dr. M. Christine Lee. With the use of amazing technologies, patients can look and feel their best. Skin treatment options such as chemical peels are often recommended for patients in the community who are interested in a versatile, minimally invasive solution for poor texture and tone.
Chemical peels sometimes referred to as derma peeling or chemexfoliation, are treatments that can reduce the unwanted signs of aging while improving the texture of the skin. Chemical peels can be used on many areas of the body but are typically utilized by patients to improve the skin on the face, neck, and décolleté. In addition, chemical peels can help with the improvement of many skin conditions, including acne or hyperpigmentation. Regardless of how you utilize a chemical peel, you may notice some of the following improvements:
- Less fine lines and wrinkles
- Better and more even skin color
- Brighter complexion
- Smoother skin
- Skin free from acne
- Reduced areas of discoloration
- Improved complexion
Chemical peels are used in treating a variety of skin problems, including melasma, age spots, freckles, and acne while improving the skin’s overall texture and tone at the same time. This makes it a highly desirable treatment as it can provide amazing benefits across the board!
What can I expect during my chemical peel?
Before getting a chemical peel, patients need to consult with their dermatologist to determine if they are an appropriate candidate. Patients must release information regarding their medical history, any medications they are using, and anything that could conflict with the chemical peel and its ability to work. Additionally, the results of a chemical peel will vary depending on the skin of the person treatment is administered to. Dr. M. Christine Lee has years of experience as a board-certified dermatologist in providing this and other cosmetic treatments to reduce the risk of major problems. Patients may be told to follow a specific skin care plan for a week or two prior to undergoing a chemical peel to ensure the best results and reduce any potential side effects which may occur.
The day of the chemical peel appointment, patients will arrive in the dermatology office and relax in the treatment chair. Preparations for the peel begin. The dermatologist will cleanse the skin to remove dirt or makeup from the skin’s surface. Then, the specialized mix of chemicals tailored specifically for the patient is administered onto the skin. They are left on for a very short period of time, typically less than two minutes. The dermatologist will then remove the chemicals from the skin immediately to ensure enough exposure to achieve results, but not too much to cause unnecessary burning. Patients can use a cold compress or a unique cooling lotion on the skin to soothe it before leaving the dermatology office. Patients are then given aftercare instructions to follow at home to make sure the peel works as expected and to reduce the risk of any side effects following treatment. Patients may also be given lotions and creams to keep the skin moist and reduce redness and peeling, especially for less aggressive treatments.
How long before I see the results?
The time period required to see results may be within a week or two. Patients must wait out the healing process, which may be longer for more aggressive peels—up to two weeks. Once this occurs, they will notice that their skin is smoother, more supple, and evenly toned. Patients can continue to come back to the office for routine chemical peels to maintain their results.
Request an appointment at The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute in Walnut Creek, CA today!
Dr. M. Christine Lee, board-certified dermatologist in Walnut Creek, CA, encourages patients to consider the benefits of chemical peels and other treatment options available for skin enhancement. The practice is located at 370 N. Wiget Lane in Ste. 125 and can be reached by phone for an appointment at (925) 500-1180. New patients are welcome to schedule a visit with our dedicated team and discuss with professionals the best ways to rejuvenate the skin!
- Walnut Creek, CA area patients ask, how do Botox injections work?
- Learn about effective acne treatment with a dermatologist in the area of Walnut Creek, CA
- What are the benefits of laser acne scar removal in Walnut Creek, CA?
- Find the best acne treatment with the professionals in Walnut Creek
- Seeking acne scar removal? Walnut Creek laser specialists offer customized, precision treatment
- Walnut Creek residents learn the benefits of laser acne scar removal
- Teens want acne treatment products that work, and can get them from Walnut Creek dermatologist Dr. Christine Lee
- Dermatologist in San Francisco offers treatment for acne
- What acne scar treatments might Walnut Creek area dermatologist recommend?
- How Bay Area patients can seek treatment for pimple scars
- Lafayette area dermatologist describes the removal of acne scars
- Which pimple treatment is most appropriate for Pleasant Hills area patients?
- Get the right acne treatment from a clinic in Walnut Creek
- Know the facts; get help at the East Bay acne clinic
- Treatment for chronic acne is available in Walnut Creek
- What are Some Common Treatments for Acne?
Back to Acne Page