Botox is Allergan's brand name for cosmetic use of the botulinum toxin – a powerful neurotoxin produced naturally by bacteria, which blocks neuromuscular transmissions. It is poisonous if ingested in improperly handled foods. However, medical research dating as far back as the 1920's began to help us understand the possible therapeutic uses of botulinum toxin. Successful treatment methods for conditions such as crossed-eyes (strabismus), rapid blinking (blepharospasm), muscle spasms, excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), and migraine headaches ensued.
After extensive testing, in early 2002 the FDA approved the use of botulinum toxin for temporary improvement in glabellar lines – those “elevens” between the eyebrows. The use of Botox in this and other facial areas has now become commonplace to smooth lines and wrinkles. Since 2002, nearly 12 million Botox treatments have been administered in the United States alone, and 92 percent of patients are happy with the outcome.
The product is injected just below the surface of the skin with a very fine needle in precisely defined areas. It works in two ways – first, it blocks impulses from the brain that tell facial muscles to contract. Second, it re-trains those muscles to relax, thus contributing less to future wrinkles. You'll see results in a few days, and improvement will continue for about a month. Then, you may expect those results to last up to four months. Botox injections are an alternative to more invasive methods of rejuvenation, and the look is natural, not frozen.
In the hands of a skilled, experienced injector, you have a safe option for facial rejuvenation – Botox. The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute offers the additional security of a Board-certified dermatologist overseeing treatment.
As with any medical procedure, there is risk of complications. Dr. Lee will explain the chance of allergic reaction and the possibility of mild, temporary bruising or swelling. She will be sure you are a good candidate for Botox before scheduling treatment.
Ready to turn back the hands of time safely, with FDA-approved Botox injections? Call the The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute today.
- Botox Bay Area Walnut Creek - Botox is the go-to wrinkle reducer in Walnut Creek and the entire Bay Area
- Botox Walnut Creek Doctors - Why Botox injections should be administered by qualified Walnut Creek doctors
- Pleasant Hill CA Botox Treatment - Which Pleasant Hill, CA area patients are appropriate for Botox treatment?
- Botox Cosmetic Lafayette - How Lafayette area patients can use Botox for cosmetic improvements
- Bay Area CA Botox Injections - Why Bay Area, CA patients may seek Botox injections as an anti-aging solution
- Botox East Bay - Safe Rejuvenation with Botox in East Bay
- Dermal Filler for Face Bay Area - Bay area patients ask, "Can Botox be used with dermal filler injections for the face?"