Botox® Cosmetic from Allergan may be a terrific solution. This neuromodulator, injected just beneath the skin with a fine needle, interrupts nerve impulses that tell your muscles to tighten. As they relax and retrain, moderate to severe glabellar lines (those “elevens” between your brows) refine.
Here are some important points to consider in choosing where to go for your Botox treatments:
- In California, a physician may inject Botox. A licensed physician assistant, vocational nurse, or registered nurse may also perform the treatments under a doctor's direction. Experience certainly counts in knowing how and where to inject for natural-looking results. If the doctor will not be giving the injections, find out more about the level of oversight. At The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute. Dr. M. Christine Lee customizes a rejuvenation plan and personally handles Botox injections.
- Credentials matter! While any type of physician may inject Botox, one who is board certified in dermatology has a higher level of training in aesthetic and medical skin treatment. A dermatologist like Dr. Lee simply knows skin. She makes a thorough analysis of a patient's skin condition and overall medical situation before determining if that patient is a good candidate for Botox.
- The facility is important. Cosmetic Botox injections are normally performed as an outpatient treatment, but the location should be sterile and professional. Botox is an extremely safe procedure with little risk of side effects. However, as with any medical treatment, it's best to select a provider who is equipped for emergencies and who has hospital privileges. Dr. Lee has advanced medical and surgical training, and The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute is located next door to John Muir Hospital.
- Ethics are critical. You should select a provider who takes time to understand your goals and who knows your medical situation. The doctor should explain the procedure and associated risks realistically, and patiently answer your questions. Post-treatment monitoring and home care should also be clear.
- Dermal Fillers in Lafayette - How Botox differs from dermal fillers in Lafayette
- How Long Does Botox Last Pleasant Hill - Pleasant Hill patients ask, how long does Botox last?
- Botox Injections Walnut Creek - Walnut Creek area dermatologist describes Botox injections
- Botox Walnut Creek - Botox vs. dermal fillers
- Botox in Walnut Creek - What to expect from your Botox treatment
- Botox Treatment in Walnut Creek - What to look for in Botox treatment in Walnut Creek
- Cosmetic Facial Fillers Walnut Creek - What is Botox?