Injectables such as Botox and dermal fillers are commonly used as a proactive approach to aging. Instead of undergoing surgery, patients can see dramatic improvements in the depth and appearance of fine lines and wrinkles with the use of injectables. However, Botox and other dermal fillers work differently when it comes to battling the signs of aging.
Botox is a neuromodulator used to reduce muscle contractions. This injectable is commonly used on areas on the upper portion of the face, including between the eyebrows, on the forehead, and for crow's feet. Made of botulinum toxin A, Botox can block the nerve impulses, which can smooth out the skin. Botox results can last anywhere from four to six months after initial injections.
Dermal fillers work differently from Botox. These injectables, which include brands such as Juvéderm and Restylane, are used to add volume to the wrinkles of the face. They are made of hyaluronic acid which is absorbed safely back into the body. Depending on the type of dermal filler, results can last up to a year or longer. When administered by a skilled professional, dermal fillers are extremely safe and can provide an immediate result.
Dr. Christine Lee, of The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute provides both Botox injections and dermal fillers. When used together, they can offer amazing results. Patients in the Lafayette area who are interested in learning more about Botox and dermal fillers are encouraged to contact our practice to find out what non-invasive methods are available for reducing the signs of aging.
- Dermal Fillers in Lafayette - How Botox differs from dermal fillers in Lafayette
- How Long Does Botox Last Pleasant Hill - Pleasant Hill patients ask, how long does Botox last?
- Botox Injections Walnut Creek - Walnut Creek area dermatologist describes Botox injections
- Botox Walnut Creek - Botox vs. dermal fillers
- Botox in Walnut Creek - What to expect from your Botox treatment
- Botox Treatment in Walnut Creek - What to look for in Botox treatment in Walnut Creek
- Cosmetic Facial Fillers Walnut Creek - What is Botox?