What to expect from eyelid surgery in Walnut Creek, CA practice
By Dr. Christine Lee
When patients have conditions such as eyelid ptosis or just want to address sagging or “bags” under the eyes, they may want to learn about eyelid surgery options. Dr. M. Christine Lee in Walnut Creek, CA is a dermatologist who offers not only skin solutions but also body and facial surgical procedures. Many of our patients are interested in what to expect when it comes to eyelid surgery, or “blepharoplasty.”
What is blepharoplasty?A blepharoplasty may go under many different names, including an eye lift, eyelid lift, or lid lift. This surgical procedure is used to address overall aesthetic appeal of the facial area while improving symmetry. This procedure is performed by Dr. M. Christine Lee at The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute during which she will remove fatty tissue or excess skin that can result in the appearance of deflated or dropping eyelids. By doing so, symmetry is created, as well as the look of a more youthful, well-rested patient!
This versatile procedure can be performed on adult patients who are struggling with issues such as eyelid ptosis (heavy eyelids), bags under the eyes, or those who do not have a sufficient crease in the upper eyelid. For some patients, eyelid ptosis can become such an issue that it reduces one’s vision. By using treatments such as blepharoplasty, patients can improve their peripheral vision while also addressing a tired or aging appearance of the eyelids.
Choosing a professional for your eyelid surgeryIt is important that patients choose a medical professional that has years of experience and training in providing eyelid surgery solutions such as Dr. M. Christine Lee of The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute in Walnut Creek, CA. She is one of the top providers in dermatological surgery and encourages patients to learn more about her credentials to feel at ease in their choice.
What to expect during eyelid surgery
- Before – before surgery, patients can work with our experienced professional to discuss their procedure and all it will entail. During this initial consultation appointment, patients can ask Dr. M. Christine Lee about what they can expect with their surgical procedure. Patients should have realistic expectations of what can be achieved with blepharoplasty and understand the associated risks, as this is a real surgery.
- During – patients are properly sedated and anesthetized for their eyelid surgery to ensure optimum comfort. The procedure often requires the removal of tissues and skin that are then sutured to create the optimum results. The procedure is done relatively quickly because of the small area being treated.
- After – patients will need to closely follow the aftercare instructions supplied by their doctor, which are used to reduce the risks of infection and ensure proper healing. Patients will notice swelling and discomfort, which can be addressed with ice to the area and over-the-counter pain management medications. Patients will return to the office for a follow-up to watch for any signs of concern and make sure patients are pleased with the results of their procedure.
Who is a candidate for eyelid surgery?
Blepharoplasty can be performed on patients who are dealing with:
- Unwanted fat on the eyelids
- Loose skin on upper or lower eyelids
- Excess muscles around the eyes
- Excess skin inhibiting or impairing vision
- Puffiness from fat deposits
- Excess skin on the lower eyelids
- Increased wrinkles and lines around the eyes (crow’s feet)
- Upper eyelid ptosis
- Bags and puffiness of the lower eyelids
- Drooping and sagginess of the overall eye area
Most adult patients with any of these concerns are proper candidates for blepharoplasty procedures.
Visit Dr. M. Christine Lee today to learn about blepharoplasty!Eyelid surgery is just one of many cosmetic and dermatological surgery solutions available from Dr. Lee. Patients who are serious about improving the appearance of their eyes are welcome to book a consultation visit with Dr. M. Christine Lee to discuss their options. The practice is conveniently located in Walnut Creek, CA at 370 N. Wiget Lane, Suite 125 and can be reached by phone to book an appointment at (925) 500-1180. We welcome new patients into our practice for comprehensive skin and body solutions!
- What to expect from eyelid surgery in Walnut Creek, CA practice
- Surgical dermatology treatments offered by Walnut Creek, CA cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Christine Lee
- Cosmetic surgery options available near me in Walnut Creek
- Cosmetic surgery procedures at Walnut Creek office
- Your answer to “What cosmetic surgeon is near me in Walnut Creek?” should have extensive options, experience
- Walnut Creek residents ask, “How do I find a cosmetic surgeon near me?”
- Walnut Creek, CA residents seek the best facial procedures offered by a cosmetic surgeon
- Walnut Creek area dermatologist offers mole removal and other cosmetic surgeries
- Look younger! Choose a cosmetic plastic surgeon in Walnut Creek, CA
- What types of cosmetic surgery are available in Walnut Creek?
- Stay Bay Area beautiful with cosmetic surgery
- What are some Examples of Cosmetic Surgery?
Back to Cosmetic Surgery Page