When your skin is healthy, it shows
Common skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, eczema, and rosacea appear as everything from tender bumps and itchy rashes to scaly patches and swelling. The dermatological professionals at The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute have the tools and expertise to prevent flare-ups, manage symptoms, and treat these and many other conditions — to the tune of more than 3,000 different diseases.
Changes to the skin can betray underlying medical issues. For instance, melanoma skin cancer often presents itself as an evolving spot, sore, or mole. Changes to the shape, size, symmetry, color, and other features, such as bleeding and itching, are all red flags.
Many diseases have skin-related symptoms. Diabetics are more prone to infections, dryness, itching, and thickened and discolored areas. Autoimmune disorders like lupus are associated with a "butterfly" rash across the bridge of the nose and cheeks and other dermatological conditions, such as hair loss and sores inside the mouth and nose. Improved appearance is a nice side effect of treatment.
These conditions also underscore the importance of professional skin checks. Red flags for skin diseases and other medical conditions may be identified. Prompt intervention is critical when it comes to skin cancers; such as melanoma, which is largely treatable if detected early.
In addition to the services and treatments mentioned above, The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute offers a number of other procedures to address dermatological and medical conditions and cosmetic concerns. These services include:
- Light- and laser-based therapies
- Tattoo removal
- Treatment for unwanted hair
- Scar removal
- Treatment for nail disease
- Allergy testing
- Injectable fillers
- Non-surgical skin tightening
- Non-invasive fat reduction
As with other professional fields, every dermatologist is different. Arrive at Dr. Lee when you ask: "What dermatologist is near me in Walnut Creek?" Find out what sets her apart from other specialists in the Bay Area. Call (925) 500-1180 for consultations.
- Dermatologist Near Me Walnut Creek - Patients with range of concerns ask, "What dermatologist is near me in Walnut Creek?"
- Dermatological Treatments Near Pleasant Hill - Cosmetic dermatological treatments available near the Pleasant Hill community
- Mole Removal Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist CA - Should patients have mole removal performed by a plastic surgeon or a dermatologist in the CA area?
- Fillers for Sunken Eyes Walnut Creek - Walnut Creek dermatologist describes the benefits of fillers for sunken eyes
- Find Cosmetic Dermatologist Walnut Creek - Find cosmetic dermatologist in the Walnut Creek area who helps with eczema
- Top Skincare Dermatologist Bay Area CA - Importance of a top skincare dermatologist in the Bay Area, CA for skin cancer screenings
- Best Skincare Dermatologist in Lafayette - One of the best skincare dermatologists in the Lafayette area describes psoriasis and treatment options available
- Dermatologists in Walnut Creek CA - What Can Dermatologists Treat?
- Xtrac Psoriasis Treatment Walnut Creek - Walnut Creek dermatologist explains the Xtrac psoriasis treatment