Everyone should undergo a skin cancer screening with a dermatologist at least once every year. At this appointment, one of the top skincare dermatologists in the Bay Area, CA, Dr. Christine Lee, can examine the skin over the entire body to check for any unusual changes or skin developments. If Dr. Christine Lee locates anything abnormal, a biopsy can be done to check for cancer and necessary treatments are provided to remove it before the cancer spreads.
A biopsy is a test that is done on samples of the skin to evaluate them for any unusual skin cells or signs of cancer. When biopsies show positive results, patients will speak with Dr. Christine Lee about scheduling an excision of the cancerous cells. Most often, doctors will suggest Mohs micrographic Surgery. This method of removing cancerous cells is deemed the most effective and can be done without removing healthy skin cells around the area.
Patients who have been diagnosed with skin cancer or who are interested in learning how to reduce their risk are educated on protecting their skin. The biggest concern is ultraviolet rays. Patients should avoid tanning beds and use sunscreen regularly to prevent the sun from damaging the skin and resulting in cancerous skin cells. During the middle of the day, the sun's rays are the strongest, so protective clothing and sunscreen should be used during this time if patients are outdoors. Patients should always maintain an annual skin check with Dr. Christine Lee to be proactive about the condition and achieve an early diagnosis for their health and wellbeing.
Patients in and around the Bay Area in California who are interested in undergoing an annual skin cancer screening, or for those who have noticed changes in moles, skin tags, and other skin lesions, Dr. Christine Lee of The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute is happy to provide new and existing patients with an examination.
- Dermatologist Near Me Walnut Creek - Patients with range of concerns ask, "What dermatologist is near me in Walnut Creek?"
- Dermatological Treatments Near Pleasant Hill - Cosmetic dermatological treatments available near the Pleasant Hill community
- Mole Removal Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist CA - Should patients have mole removal performed by a plastic surgeon or a dermatologist in the CA area?
- Fillers for Sunken Eyes Walnut Creek - Walnut Creek dermatologist describes the benefits of fillers for sunken eyes
- Find Cosmetic Dermatologist Walnut Creek - Find cosmetic dermatologist in the Walnut Creek area who helps with eczema
- Top Skincare Dermatologist Bay Area CA - Importance of a top skincare dermatologist in the Bay Area, CA for skin cancer screenings
- Best Skincare Dermatologist in Lafayette - One of the best skincare dermatologists in the Lafayette area describes psoriasis and treatment options available
- Dermatologists in Walnut Creek CA - What Can Dermatologists Treat?
- Xtrac Psoriasis Treatment Walnut Creek - Walnut Creek dermatologist explains the Xtrac psoriasis treatment