At The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute of Walnut Creek, Dr. Christine Lee uses a variety of lasers. She has over 40 laser devices in her practice that can be used to improve the skin and body. When patients are interested in learning more about laser resurfacing, they can consult with Dr. Lee to determine whether they will benefit more from ablative or non-ablative laser devices.
Ablative Laser Resurfacing
An ablative laser removes a layer of the skin. It is considered a “wounding” laser and it is more invasive. When patients undergo an ablative laser resurfacing treatment, they may need to take some time off of work and social situations, as the skin needs extra attention and time to repair itself. Patients may experience redness, swelling, blistering, and peeling over the course of a week with an ablative laser treatment. Non-ablative lasers require little to no downtime, however, they may require several treatments. Patients can undergo one ablative treatment instead of several non-ablatives for the same results.
Non-Ablative Laser Resurfacing
Known as a “non-wounding” laser, the non-ablative laser is less aggressive than ablative laser and it can help stimulate collagen production. This tightens the underlying skin and reduces fine lines and wrinkles. Non-ablative laser resurfacing results in less downtime, but may require patients to undergo more than one procedure to achieve the same results as one ablative treatment. Minimal redness and swelling are experienced, and patients are able to go back to work the next day with no recovery period.
Dr. Christine Lee is happy to help patients decide on the best laser resurfacing technique for them. Contact The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute today to learn more about ablative and non-ablative laser resurfacing treatments and learn which one is best for your skin care regimen.
- Cosmetic improvement with tailored laser treatments is available in Walnut Creek
- Scars from past pimples can be removed with fractional laser resurfacing in Walnut Creek, CA
- CO2 laser treatment for stretch marks in Walnut Creek
- Pleasant Hill area patients ask about fractional laser treatment
- What are the most popular fractional lasers in resurfacing procedures in Walnut Creek?
- What is fractional laser and resurfacing treatment in Walnut Creek, CA?
- Where to get fractional laser & resurfacing in California
- What are the risks associated with fractional laser treatments and which patients in the Lafayette area should avoid undergoing this procedure?
- Pleasant Hill area dermatologist explains fractional laser resurfacing
- What is the difference between ablative and non-ablative laser resurfacing for Walnut Creek residents?