Benefits of laser hair removal at The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute
Unwanted hair can be a major nuisance! If you have unwanted hair,
consider laser hair removal or reduction. Why continue to spend valuable
time grooming away unwanted hair with tweezers, razors, wax, or thread
when you can say goodbye to it once and for all? The investment into
laser hair removal at The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute. may be one
of the best you make.
The evolution of laser devices has had a significantly positive effect on aesthetic medicine. Early devices were somewhat limited, but those used today can treat multiple skin and hair colors. While laser treatment still cannot eliminate gray hair, due to the absence of pigment, most other shades can be affected. Lighter hair may just require more treatment sessions than darker pigments.
Why patients continue to choose laser hair removal
- Just about any area of the body can be treated with comfortable, efficient laser therapy.
- The series of treatments is adjusted to patient preference. If you want all hair gone, we can accommodate. If you want to keep some hair, as some men do, this is also possible.
- Completion of your series will render up to 95 percent of the treated follicles incapable of producing hair in the future.
- Patients treated with laser hair removal no longer struggle with problems like nicks, cuts, razor-burn, and ingrown hairs in the treated area.
- Laser treatment is highly effective and faster than other modalities, such as electrolysis, which treats follicles one at a time.
A straightforward process for smoother skin
Laser hair removal is a tolerable treatment that is conducted using the latest technology. We are committed to comfort, and can discuss ways to make each session as pleasant as possible, such as a fan or topical anesthetic. Most patients simply sit back and relax during their treatment. During each session, laser light is directed into follicles in the area of concern. The energy from this light is absorbed and transformed to heat, which vaporizes the hair that is in the follicle at the time. As well, the follicles are incapacitated by each treatment. In order to ensure that hair does not grow back, we must treat new hair growth in subsequent visits.
See how quickly you can say goodbye to unwanted hair with laser treatment in our Walnut Creek office. Schedule your consultation for laser hair removal at (925) 528-0117.
Dr. Min-Wei Christine LeeDr. Christine Lee is a Board-certified Dermatologist with sub-specialties in laser surgery, cosmetic surgery, Mohs Micrographic Surgery, facial plastic reconstruction, and dermatologic surgery. She leads The Skin And Laser Treatment Institute as its Director and serves as Clinical Faculty for the Department of Dermatologic Surgery at the University of California San Francisco. Patients travel from across the globe for her expertise, and Dr. Lee has trained thousands of stateside and international doctors.
Share this Article
Back to Laser Hair Removal Page