Many of the factors behind splotches and spots are the same forces to blame for textural irregularities and sagging skin. Years of unprotected sun exposure, smoking, and poor nutrition may appear as furrows, creases, and lax skin. Gravity and the normal aging process take a toll. In older age there is less of everything responsible for youthful appearance, from subcutaneous fat and collagen for plumpness, to elastin which gives skin its spring.
Excess skin and folds have met their match in the many laser devices Dr. Lee offers to maintain or restore a fresh face.
In the past, tightening skin may have been associated with going under the knife and drastic, invasive procedures. These procedures required time away from work or activities. Discomfort and possible complications presented undesirable side effects. Surgical interventions of the past didn’t always result in a natural appearance.
Lasers safely tighten the skin without a scalpel and without dramatically altering appearance. Thanks to modern approaches, “noninvasive” does not mean “ineffective.” Dr. Lee invented one of those approaches: the dual laser LaserLite Facial.
These lasers work well by using heat to jumpstart the production of collagen lost with time. The process of collagen remodeling ultimately results in tighter skin. Imaging is used to control the heat, so the procedure is safe and comfortable. Skin tightening temperatures are adjusted and monitored. The treatment area is heated to an effective level without damaging tissues.
Unlike invasive surgeries, many procedures can be completed in less than an hour. You can get right back to enjoying work and family activities in the days following treatment. There is little to no downtime.
Keep in mind that lax skin didn’t appear overnight. The results from collagen remodeling, are gradual. You will usually see results within weeks and full effects in months. LaserLite may be effectively and safely used on other areas of the body that can give away your chronological age, such as the neck and hands.
Other treatments use ultrasound and radiofrequency energy to tighten lax tissues. To find out more about your options for skin tightening procedures in Walnut Creek, call (925) 500-1180 to schedule a consultation at The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute.
- Walnut Creek area patients ask, "Can laser treatment damage the skin?"
- Trust laser skin rejuvenation to your global authority in Walnut Creek, CA
- Why dermatology laser treatments help patients near Walnut Creek look younger
- Get tighter skin and a more youthful appearance with non-surgical, laser skin rejuvenation in Walnut Creek
- Facial rejuvenation services available in San Francisco, California
- Patients near Lafayette ask about laser rejuvenation treatment
- Walnut Creek area patients can enjoy laser treatment for age spots
- Can laser treatment be integrated into skincare routines for patients near Pleasant Hill?
- Renew your skin with laser rejuvenation in Walnut Creek
- All-over rejuvenation with laser hair removal in Walnut Creek
- Can I find safe laser skin rejuvenation in Walnut Creek?
- Understanding why laser rejuvenation is important in California
Back to Laser Rejuvenation Home Page