Liposuction works by targeting isolated areas for destruction and removal of unwanted fat cells. In some cases, Ultrasound-assisted liposuction is used to liquefy the fat cells before they are removed. The most common method of fat cell removal is Tumescent. In this procedure, a small tube gently vacuums the unwanted fat cells from just below the skin.
The newest liposuction procedure, Liposonix, can eliminate unwanted fat without surgery. This procedure uses highly focused ultrasound to destroy fat cells. This procedure works wonders for areas such as love handles and the abdomen. In most cases, this treatment will not require downtime and the results are permanent. Once the fat tissue below the skin is destroyed, your body will process and remove the fat from your body over the then next 2 to 3 months. The only requirements are that you must have at least one inch of fat in the area to be treated and your body mass index must be less than 30.
Liposuction surgery and Liposonix treatment are not replacements for a healthy lifestyle and are not intended as a weight loss program. However, these procedures can eliminate the stubborn areas of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise. Dr. Christine Lee wants to help you look and feel your best. Schedule your consultation today.
- Dermatologist in Walnut Creek, CA describes the types of liposuction treatment available in her practice
- Walnut Creek dermatologist offers liposuction to suit all types of patients
- Walnut Creek dermatologist discusses tumescent liposuction
- Traditional and alternative liposuction techniques in Walnut Creek CA offer the best procedure for your needs
- Experienced surgeon in Walnut Creek describes liposuction
- Walnut Creek surgeon offers liposuction treatment for fat removal
- Liposuction in Walnut Creek could be the beauty treatment you need
- How does liposuction in Walnut Creek work?
- A trimmer you with Walnut Creek plastic surgery
Back to Liposuction Home Page