What is liposuction?One of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures, liposuction, or lipo, slims areas of the body. Fat deposits are removed to contour the body. Liposuction is not a weight loss system. It is ideal for patients with small pockets of fat that just will not go away without help. Common treatment areas include the abdomen, flanks, thighs, knees, buttocks, arms, and neck.
Treatment optionsDr. Lee offers different treatment options. Tumescent liposuction and ultrasound-assisted or laser-assisted liposuction are both effective, affordable treatment options. With tumescent liposuction, small incisions are made to insert a small tube called a cannula that vacuums out the fat cells. Ultrasound or laser-assisted procedures utilize advanced technology and energy to liquefy and suction out the fat.
Expected outcomesHaving a realistic outlook is important for any procedure. Regardless of which liposuction procedure you undergo, the recovery is similar.
- Following the procedure, a compression garment is worn to help with swelling.
- Bruising and swelling may exist for a few weeks.
- There may be restrictions on movement or exercise.
- Fat cells that are removed with liposuction will not grow back in the same area.
Liposuction is not a replacement for diet and exercise but it may help you eliminate those stubborn fat pockets. Ask Dr. Christine Lee about your options for liposuction to get the body you want. Contact The East Bay Laser & Skin Care Center Walnut Creek, CA today at (925) 500-1180.
- Dermatologist in Walnut Creek, CA describes the types of liposuction treatment available in her practice
- Walnut Creek dermatologist offers liposuction to suit all types of patients
- Walnut Creek dermatologist discusses tumescent liposuction
- Traditional and alternative liposuction techniques in Walnut Creek CA offer the best procedure for your needs
- Experienced surgeon in Walnut Creek describes liposuction
- Walnut Creek surgeon offers liposuction treatment for fat removal
- Liposuction in Walnut Creek could be the beauty treatment you need
- How does liposuction in Walnut Creek work?
- A trimmer you with Walnut Creek plastic surgery
Back to Liposuction Home Page