Dermatologist in Walnut Creek, CA describes the types of liposuction treatment available in her practice
By Dr. Christine Lee
Patients in Walnut Creek, CA who are interested in treatments such as liposuction to improve their body contours may think that they need to visit a plastic surgeon. Fortunately, there are many ways for patients to achieve the look they desire with a dermatologist instead! Liposuction can be provided by a Board-certified dermatologist such as Dr. Christine Lee at The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute in the East Bay area, and she proudly provides several types of liposuction for patients to consider.
What is liposuction?
Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure used to enhance the body by providing fat removal. There are many times that patients who exercise and follow a strict diet still struggle with isolated areas where fat deposits just won’t budge. With liposuction, patients can instead have these problem areas treated with the removal of the fat cells. This can improve patient’s self-confidence and allow them to feel better about their appearance. However, it is not considered a weight-loss solution. Instead, it contours the body with the removal of fat pockets.
Where can liposuction be used?
Liposuction can be used nearly anywhere on the body, including the:
- “Love handles”
What types of liposuction are available?
Dr. Christine Lee is proud to offer her patients several liposuction options to choose from:
- Tumescent liposuction – one of the most common types of liposuction. During this procedure, the area is anesthetized, and the doctor uses a wand-like tube called a cannula to remove the fat from underneath the skin in the area of concern. This essentially vacuums out the fat cells permanently removing them.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction (or UAL) – UAL is a method that is sometimes used before tumescent liposuction for more precision results. This method works by administering ultrasound energy to the area of concern to help in liquefying the fat cells. By doing this, it can make it easier for Dr. Christine Lee to remove the fat cells through tumescent liposuction, ensuring more precision contouring of the body in areas that are often more difficult to treat, such as the calves, ankles, knees, and neck.
- Laser-assisted liposuction – laser-assisted liposuction is similar to ultrasound-assisted liposuction. It uses laser energy delivered deep within the skin to target fat cells and liquify them for easier removal. In our practice, this treatment is also known as Smart-Lipo and is best for precision areas.
Which treatment is right for me?
The best way to determine the method of liposuction that is most appropriate for your needs is to consult with Dr. Christine Lee. She can evaluate your specific needs and help you decide on liposuction that fits your budget and the unique desires you may have. The right liposuction method is sometimes chosen based on the cost patients can afford, the area being treated, and how aggressive fat removal needs to be to achieve the results they expect. Dr. Christine Lee is extremely honest with her patients and helps them find the most appropriate treatment for their needs, even if it is not liposuction. Her practice is equipped with so many technologies that can be used in body contouring that there may be a better option for an individual, depending on their desires. Choosing a treatment takes time and requires patients to be well-educated on the pros and cons of each service, allowing them the opportunity to make a knowledgeable choice for their body contouring needs.
Find out more about liposuction options at The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute
Dr. Christine Lee in Walnut Creek, CA is a Board-certified dermatologist providing many solutions for patients, so they have a choice in how to achieve their perfect body! If you live in the communities of Lafayette, Danville, San Ramon, Berkeley, San Francisco, Concord, or anywhere in the Bay area, we welcome you to learn more about our practice and how we can assist you in improving your appearance with cosmetic services. Call the office at (925) 500-1180 to schedule an appointment at our practice located at 370 North Wiget Lane, Suite 125.
- Dermatologist in Walnut Creek, CA describes the types of liposuction treatment available in her practice
- Walnut Creek dermatologist offers liposuction to suit all types of patients
- Walnut Creek dermatologist discusses tumescent liposuction
- Traditional and alternative liposuction techniques in Walnut Creek CA offer the best procedure for your needs
- Experienced surgeon in Walnut Creek describes liposuction
- Walnut Creek surgeon offers liposuction treatment for fat removal
- Liposuction in Walnut Creek could be the beauty treatment you need
- How does liposuction in Walnut Creek work?
- A trimmer you with Walnut Creek plastic surgery
Back to Liposuction Home Page