What is skin cancer?Skin cancer is a cancer that forms on the skin but may run deep. It is one of the easiest types of cancer to diagnose because it is visible. When patients schedule regular skin cancer screenings each year, they can have areas of concern biopsied and treated as necessary if such problems develop.
What can be done for skin cancer?Skin cancer is often treated by simple removal. This may be done as an outpatient treatment such as excision or even a more precise treatment known as Mohs micrographic surgery. Only highly trained and certified professionals can perform this particular type of surgery, and Dr. Christine Lee of The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute has the requirements to achieve desired results. She is certified with extensive training and is a member of the American College of Mohs Surgery (ACMS).
Is surgery painful?As with any surgery, our practice offers proper sedation and anesthetics to ensure optimum comfort. Mohs micrographic surgery only requires local anesthetics. Patients are awake but do not feel any pain during the procedure.
Will Mohs micrographic surgery affect my appearance?Smaller areas of skin cancer will leave less of a scar after the procedure, though larger areas may need to take more of the skin structure from the body for optimum results. Patients who undergo Mohs micrographic surgery may later have cosmetic surgeries done to reconstruct the area depending on how it heals following the procedure.
How much does Mohs micrographic surgery cost?Treatment varies from patient to patient as there are many unique factors that are considered when deciding the final cost of surgery. An evaluation with our team can help in determining an accurate quote for treatment.
Dr. Christine Lee of The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute works closely with patients who have been diagnosed with skin cancer to discuss possible treatment options with them—including Mohs micrographic surgery. Contact our practice today to speak with a dedicated professional who is trained and certified to perform this procedure and help patients restore their health and quality of life after a skin cancer diagnosis.
- Mohs Surgery Close to San Francisco - Who performs Mohs surgery close to the San Francisco Area?
- Skin Cancer Surgery Pleasant Hill - What skin cancer surgery provides Pleasant Hill patients with the best results?
- Skin Cancer Nose Surgery Bay Area - How can Bay Area dermatologists remove skin cancer from the nose?
- Mohs East Bay Walnut Creek - Why did I get skin cancer?
- Walnut Creek Plastic Surgery - Does skin cancer in Walnut Creek mean plastic surgery?
- Skin Cancer Surgery Walnut Creek, CA - Can a doctor in Walnut Creek, CA cure skin cancer with surgery?
Back to Skin Cancer Surgery Home Page