Specialists resolve concerning skin cancer symptoms in Walnut Creek
By Dr. Christine Lee
Melanoma is widely-known as the deadliest type of skin cancer. But even melanoma has a 5-year survival rate of more than 98 percent when detected early. By the time cancer spreads to lymph nodes and other parts of the body, this rate drops to 62 percent and 18 percent respectively. Detecting cancers on your own can be tricky. You’ve come to the right place for professional diagnostics and tailored treatment.
Dr. Christine Lee and her team determine the true nature of your skin cancer symptoms in Walnut Creek CA. Examinations at The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute are a cornerstone of the early detection that prevents the spread of melanoma or squamous cell carcinoma, a common cancer that can grow to lymph nodes and other organs. Some things to know about professional skin checks:
- Some cancers “hide” in seemingly unlikely places and areas that can be overlooked. Trusted professionals examine your scalp, behind and inside the ears, under the eyebrows and on the eyelids, and in the nose and mouth. Between fingers and toes, nails, the soles of your feet, and underarms will also be checked.
- Any unusual lumps or bumps will be felt along the way, and freckles, scars, skin tags, moles, and other spots will be examined. Get into a good habit of regular professional skin checks, so the doctors can track changes from one exam to the next.
- It’s a great time to ask about any changes or areas that are concerning to you. A special magnifying glass may be used to better “see” a spot, and tissue from suspicious areas will be collected for further examination.
- Learn about treatment for skin cancer with advanced Mohs micrographic surgery in Walnut Creek, CA
- Specialists resolve concerning skin cancer symptoms in Walnut Creek
- Walnut Creek, CA specialist discusses how symptoms vary by skin cancer type
- Patients in Walnut Creek ask about treatment options after they present with skin cancer symptoms
- Walnut Creek dermatologist explains Mohs surgery as a treatment for skin cancer
- Walnut Creek area professional offers skin cancer screenings, diagnosis, and treatment
- Patients in Walnut Creek learn how to identify symptoms of skin cancer
- Exploring skin cancer treatment with your Walnut Creek dermatologist
- East Bay dermatologist offers may proven, precise ways to treat skin cancer
- Finding a Mohs surgery specialist near me in the East Bay community
- Walnut Creek area dermatologist can perform Mohs surgery on the nose and other areas of the face
- Lafayette area dermatologist describes Mohs micrographic surgery
Back to Skin Cancer Surgery Home Page