Dr. Christine Lee uses Mohs micrographic surgery as an advanced treatment for skin cancer when patients are struggling with lesions on visible areas of the body or face. When patients have cancerous skin cells on their nose, cheek, ear, or any other highly noticeable area, they may want to consider Mohs micrographic surgery. This type of excision helps in minimizing the amount of healthy, normal tissue that is removed to reduce scarring. This treatment has the highest cure rate, ensuring cancerous skin cells are removed no matter how deep in the skin they develop.
Mohs micrographic surgery uses a special technique that was developed by a surgeon, Dr. Frederic Mohs, back in the 1950s. This method has continued to advance to give surgeons the ability to remove as much cancerous tissue as possible to cure the cancer and avoid reoccurrence. Sometimes skin cancer appears to be on just the surface of the skin, but many times these cancers have “roots.” Cancerous skin may be extremely deep, and this method of excision ensures that the cancer is addressed. This procedure takes sections of the skin layer by layer until the cancerous tissue is no longer detected on microscopic slides. Patients will often experience much less scaring with Mohs micrographic surgery than with other methods of excision.
- Learn about treatment for skin cancer with advanced Mohs micrographic surgery in Walnut Creek, CA
- Specialists resolve concerning skin cancer symptoms in Walnut Creek
- Walnut Creek, CA specialist discusses how symptoms vary by skin cancer type
- Patients in Walnut Creek ask about treatment options after they present with skin cancer symptoms
- Walnut Creek dermatologist explains Mohs surgery as a treatment for skin cancer
- Walnut Creek area professional offers skin cancer screenings, diagnosis, and treatment
- Patients in Walnut Creek learn how to identify symptoms of skin cancer
- Exploring skin cancer treatment with your Walnut Creek dermatologist
- East Bay dermatologist offers may proven, precise ways to treat skin cancer
- Finding a Mohs surgery specialist near me in the East Bay community
- Walnut Creek area dermatologist can perform Mohs surgery on the nose and other areas of the face
- Lafayette area dermatologist describes Mohs micrographic surgery
Back to Skin Cancer Surgery Home Page