In many cases, patients ask Dr. Christine Lee which skin cancer surgery method provides the best results. This includes cure rates, which are used to evaluate how often past patients have been able to avoid further diagnosis of skin cancer after the first set of cancerous skin cells have been removed. The ideal method of removing skin cancer is with Mohs micrographic surgery. This treatment has the highest overall cure rate and it can be done on highly visible areas such as around the eyes, nose, ears, lips, and any other areas of the face. Additionally, patients can use this method of treatment on the hands, feet, legs, and arms.
Mohs micrographic surgery is done using a scalpel to remove the visible tumor. Then, very thin layers of the skin are removed and viewed through a microscope immediately to check for unhealthy skin cells. The process continues until there are no visible areas of cancerous skin cells that need to be removed. At the end of the procedure, the area is sutured and allowed to heal. Depending on the size of the area of skin removed, patients my need to have reconstructive surgery in the future to improve any areas of aesthetic concern.
Dr. Christine Lee has a number of methods available for removing skin cancer, including Mohs micrographic surgery, excision, curettage, electrosurgery, cryosurgery, radiation, PDT (Photodynamic Therapy), and laser surgery. There is no one solution that is best for all patients, so consulting with a professional at The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute is the best way to learn about the various treatment options and their benefits. Our team can help patients in and around the Bay Area and Pleasant Hills to provide the assistance necessary to make an educated decision.
- Mohs Surgery Close to San Francisco - Who performs Mohs surgery close to the San Francisco Area?
- Skin Cancer Surgery Pleasant Hill - What skin cancer surgery provides Pleasant Hill patients with the best results?
- Skin Cancer Nose Surgery Bay Area - How can Bay Area dermatologists remove skin cancer from the nose?
- Mohs East Bay Walnut Creek - Why did I get skin cancer?
- Walnut Creek Plastic Surgery - Does skin cancer in Walnut Creek mean plastic surgery?
- Skin Cancer Surgery Walnut Creek, CA - Can a doctor in Walnut Creek, CA cure skin cancer with surgery?
Back to Skin Cancer Surgery Home Page