Walnut Creek, CA specialist discusses how symptoms vary by skin cancer type
By Dr. Christine Lee
All effective skin cancer treatments start with an accurate diagnosis. If you’re worried about a spot, schedule an appointment with Dr. Christine Lee. Dr. Lee will be monitoring for changes during annual skin checks. These exams allow an early diagnosis so critical to successful treatment.
If it’s worrisome to you, it’s worrisome to Dr. Lee. Skin cancer symptoms identified and treated in Walnut Creek CA at The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute vary by the type of cancer. Some symptoms:
- Actinic Keratoses— These precancerous growths resemble scaly, dry pink or red patches. They’re likely to form on the head, neck, hands, and forearms due to years of cumulative sun exposure.
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma — Untreated AKs can evolve into SCCs, which often look like firm red bumps or scaling, and patches or growths that never seem to fully heal. These cancers have the potential to spread, and cause damage and disfigurement.
- Basal Cell Carcinoma — The most common type of skin cancer, BCCs are flesh-colored bumps or pink patches that frequently develop on the head, neck and arms but can appear most anywhere, including the legs and belly. They, too, can spread, and without treatment may invade surrounding tissues, nerves, and bones.
- A - Asymmetry – one half doesn’t mirror the other.
- B - Borders that are irregular, or poorly-defined
- C - Colors that vary, such as brown, black, red, and blue shades
- D - Diameters of six millimeters-plus, roughly pencil eraser-sized
- E - Evolving size, shape, color, or behavior
- Learn about treatment for skin cancer with advanced Mohs micrographic surgery in Walnut Creek, CA
- Specialists resolve concerning skin cancer symptoms in Walnut Creek
- Walnut Creek, CA specialist discusses how symptoms vary by skin cancer type
- Patients in Walnut Creek ask about treatment options after they present with skin cancer symptoms
- Walnut Creek dermatologist explains Mohs surgery as a treatment for skin cancer
- Walnut Creek area professional offers skin cancer screenings, diagnosis, and treatment
- Patients in Walnut Creek learn how to identify symptoms of skin cancer
- Exploring skin cancer treatment with your Walnut Creek dermatologist
- East Bay dermatologist offers may proven, precise ways to treat skin cancer
- Finding a Mohs surgery specialist near me in the East Bay community
- Walnut Creek area dermatologist can perform Mohs surgery on the nose and other areas of the face
- Lafayette area dermatologist describes Mohs micrographic surgery
Back to Skin Cancer Surgery Home Page