Botox is created with botulinum toxin A, which blocks signals from the nerves to the muscles. The relaxed muscle can no longer contract making deep lines and wrinkles therefore making the skin appear smoother and younger. It works best on wrinkles on the forehead, between the brows (called the glabella), and crow’s feet (around the eyes). Dr. Lee also injects Botox around the mouth to help relax the vertical lines around the lips caused by tight clenching and pursing of the lips. She also injects Botox into the neck to help with platysmal bands that form when someone clenches their neck and jaw too tight. The effects of Botox initially last about four months. The effects gradually wear off and then need to be retreated. As patients do Botox on a regular basis the effects can eventually last longer due to the muscles being trained to relax.
The effects of Botox can be controlled by adjusting the amount or concentration of Botox injected. Some patients want to have complete relaxation of the muscle which requires using higher concentrations. Other patients may desire a more natural look and only want partial relaxation and retain more muscle movement which would require a lower concentration. Using a lower concentration also makes the effect wear off faster and therefore would have to be redone sooner.
Botox is done in an in-office visit with Dr. Christine Lee, where she will first discuss the problem areas that you want to address on your face. Whether its laugh lines, frown lines, wrinkles, or other areas that are experiencing deep wrinkles or creases that are of concern to you, Botox can help. The Botox is then injected into these areas to help soften the lines. Many individuals are able to leave the office and continue on with their day after the appointment without any downtime such as that required when undergoing surgical procedures such as facelifts or brow lifts. This makes Botox Walnut Creek and Botox East Bay a great lunch-time treatment that allows you to get in, get out, and get on with your day!
Botox is used for other medical conditions that are not purely cosmetic. It is an extremely effective treatment for excessive sweating (known as hyperhidrosis) of the hands, feet, and underarms. It stops sweating for about 6 to 9 months. Botox is also used for treating certain types of migraine headaches. For headaches, injections are given about every 3 to 4 months depending on the patient and when the effects start to wear off. Botox is FDA approved for treatment of both hyperhidrosis and migraines.
Considering such as Botox to help give you a more youthful appearance? Talk to Dr. Christine Lee today to find out if Botox is right for you!
- Walnut Creek, CA area patients ask, how do Botox injections work?
- Is Botox treatment permanent for patients near Walnut Creek?
- Botox treatments available in Walnut Creek, CA
- Who is the best dermatologist near me in Walnut Creek for Botox?
- Patients ask, "Where can I go for Botox injections near me in Walnut Creek, CA?"
- Desirable results without the risk: Botox treatment in Walnut Creek
- Patients in Walnut Creek ask, “What is the best service from a dermatologist near me to improve my aging appearance?”
- Walnut Creek doctor explains details of Botox procedure
- Can Walnut Creek area patients use Botox injections in the lip area?
- Physician in Walnut Creek gives tips for successful Botox injections