Look out Botox – your new competitor from Evolus is here
Since FDA approval of Botox Cosmetic in 2002, neuromodulator injections have become extremely popular in this country. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons reports that 7.23 million procedures were performed in 2017, and the number continues to rise. A competitor to Botox is here, though, and Jeuveau™ from Evolus is already available at The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute in Walnut Creek, CA.
Evolus aesthetic neurotoxin competitor to Botox is here
Jeuveau™ received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration in February of 2019. This sanction is based on efficacy demonstrated in extensive clinical trials and long-term safety studies involving more than 2,000 individuals.
There have been no newcomers to the injectable neurotoxin market for nearly a decade. The Evolus product is the first and only neuromodulator dedicated to aesthetic improvement (rather than to a combination of cosmetic and medical applications, such as Botox). Jeuveau™ is produced using proprietary Hi-Pure™ technology, in a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility built specifically for this purpose.
Dr. Christine Lee is highly trained and experienced in subtleties of injecting various neuromodulators, including Jeuveau™. Each product has unique traits, and is most appropriate for certain applications. At The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute in Walnut Creek, CA, you get expert consultation and combination treatment (if needed), for optimal results.
How Jeuveau™ by Evolus works
Activity of corrugator and orbicularis oculi muscles pull the eyebrows together, forming vertical folds or “elevens” between the brows. Each time that occurs, underlying muscles pull surface skin into lines. As this expression is repeated countless times, skin becomes less able to recover. Much like a sheet of paper that has been folded and refolded many times, creases become deeply etched. These frown lines create a serious, angry, or tired look . . . even when you feel terrific.
Jeuveau™ contains purified prabotulinumtoxinA-xvfs, a type of botulinum toxin A, which is a neuromuscular blocking agent. It is FDA-approved for improvement in moderate to severe glabellar (frown) lines. Injected into facial muscles, Jeuveau™ cleaves to certain proteins, blocking transmissions from nerves that instruct muscles to contract. As they relax, the complexion smooths out and the brow lifts. In the hands of a skilled injector, the result is a refreshed and alert appearance that looks completely natural.
Why patients love Evolus
It is exciting anytime a new treatment choice emerges for patients who want to look younger. Jeuveau™ is an excellent example, giving the aesthetic medical professionals at The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute another tool to meet the skin rejuvenation needs of men and women.
Here are some of the reasons they choose Jeuveau™:
- Quick and comfortable – A forehead injection session typically takes about half an hour. A fine needle is used, and injections are not deep, so topical numbing is usually not necessary.
- No downtime – Patients may return to work or other activities after the appointment.
- Prompt results – Expect to see noticeable change in fine lines and creases in about three days, and full improvement within seven to ten days.
- Long-lasting rejuvenation – Longevity depends on your unique physiology, facial animation, and lifestyle habits, but you can expect results from Jeuveau™ to last several months.
- Long-term technique – Periodic touch-up sessions keep skin smooth and youthful-looking. In addition, with repeated re-treatment, muscles tend to atrophy slightly. That means less product and fewer injection are needed at future visits, to maintain results.
- Safe – The safety record for this product is excellent and there is low risk of side effects. Jeuveau™ is manufactured to strict standards for safety and purity. At The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute the procedure is performed in a sterile clinical setting by qualified dermatology professionals.
- Affordable – The cost of Jeuveau™ treatment is comparable, and in some cases, more economical than Botox.
- Versatile – Neuromodulator injections could be all you need, but they can also be safely combined with other treatments such as hydrafacials, laser skin resurfacing, and energy therapies for a comprehensive plan of non-surgical rejuvenation.
- “Prejuvenation” – More people are recognizing the preventive benefits of beginning injectables in their 20s or 30s. A sensible, early program of neuromodulators and dermal fillers helps to keep wrinkles from forming. You might compare it to hanging up a shirt, fresh from the dryer, rather than trying to press out crumpled wrinkles later.
Be the first of your friends to try the new competitor to Botox, or just let them wonder how you look so refreshed and youthful. Call 925-500-1180 to schedule an appointment at The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute in Walnut Creek, CA.