Walnut Creek doctor explains details of Botox procedure
By Dr. Christine Lee
As a commonly requested cosmetic procedure for the face, Botox is used to address lines and wrinkles. Created with botulinum toxin A, a neuromodulator, Botox relaxes muscles. When injected into the face, fine lines and wrinkles are softened, minimizing their appearance. Located in Walnut Creek, CA, Dr. Christine Lee of The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute offers Botox to patients who want to decrease signs aging.
What to expectDuring the consultation, you and the doctor discuss your medical history, including use of aspirin or blood thinners, previous Botox procedures, and your expectations from treatment. You may also be asked to squint or make specific facial expressions to show where wrinkles are located and their depth. This helps the doctor determine how much Botox to inject and where to place it.
Botox can be used to address lines in the following areas:
- Crow’s feet at the outside corners of eyes
- Elevens between the eyebrows
- Forehead lines
- Lines around the mouth
- Lines on the neck
Following treatmentImmediately following treatment, doctors recommend avoiding physical activity, yoga, or massaging treated areas. This ensures the medicine stays in the desired areas and does not migrate. Over the course of three to five days, Botox begins to set in and muscles relax. Full results are visible within a week. Effects last three to six months.
To schedule your Botox procedure with Dr. Christine Lee, call The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute in Walnut Creek – (925) 500-1180.
- Is Botox treatment permanent for patients near Walnut Creek?
- Botox treatments available in Walnut Creek, CA
- Who is the best dermatologist near me in Walnut Creek for Botox?
- Patients ask, "Where can I go for Botox injections near me in Walnut Creek, CA?"
- Desirable results without the risk: Botox treatment in Walnut Creek
- Patients in Walnut Creek ask, “What is the best service from a dermatologist near me to improve my aging appearance?”
- Walnut Creek doctor explains details of Botox procedure
- Can Walnut Creek area patients use Botox injections in the lip area?
- Physician in Walnut Creek gives tips for successful Botox injections