Botox is a cosmetic injection that is commonly requested by patients who want to address fine lines and wrinkles that have developed on their forehead or between their eyebrows. Botox is used due to the fact that it is injected into the muscles to keep them from contracting. When facial muscles contract, they cause wrinkles on certain areas of the skin. When the muscles are not allowed to contract, these wrinkles will slowly reduce and be much less noticeable. This, in turn, provides smoother, younger-looking skin.
Botox is actually a medication that is injected straight into the muscles by a qualified dermatologist such as Dr. Lee of The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute. The medication is called botulinum toxin A, and can be used on various areas of the face. When injected by a trained professional, the results can be completely natural.
Botox injections are an in-office treatment that is offered to Walnut Creek residents who are tired of having their appearance define their age. Patients will schedule an initial consultation appointment to determine if they are a candidate for Botox, and will then set up a time for the injections. The appointment itself will only take about ten to fifteen minutes for the injections, and patients can go about the rest of their day with no downtime.
Are you interested in Botox or other injectables? Call the staff at The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute today to schedule a consultation appointment and examination to find out how Botox and other dermal fillers can help you bring your best face forward!
- Dermal Fillers in Lafayette - How Botox differs from dermal fillers in Lafayette
- How Long Does Botox Last Pleasant Hill - Pleasant Hill patients ask, how long does Botox last?
- Botox Injections Walnut Creek - Walnut Creek area dermatologist describes Botox injections
- Botox Walnut Creek - Botox vs. dermal fillers
- Botox in Walnut Creek - What to expect from your Botox treatment
- Botox Treatment in Walnut Creek - What to look for in Botox treatment in Walnut Creek
- Cosmetic Facial Fillers Walnut Creek - What is Botox?