Picking, squeezing, and the application of Vitamin E can make some acne scars even worse, patients should speak to a dermatologist about a specific treatments for their blemishes to help facilitate the healing process and take care of the skin's appearance and texture long-term. Patients should also protect their skin by using sunscreen every day to reduce damage caused by the sun's UV rays.
When acne scars occur, many patients seek assistance from a dermatologist. At the East Bay Laser and Skin Care Center, Inc., we have a variety dermatological procedures available to help patients improve acne scarring.
For some patients, time and patience is all that is needed to await the fading of acne scars. Not all acne scars are permanent. However, if patients notice an acne scar for a year or longer, they may benefit from appropriate treatments with Dr. Christine Lee.
Cortisone cream and topicals that can fade pigmentation are often used on acne scars. However, if patients are dealing with atrophic or ice pick scars, they may need a more aggressive method of treatment to reduce their appearance and depth.
Fractional lasers can provide skin-resurfacing benefits that help in reducing the depth of scars by increasing the body's natural collagen production. Pigmentation concerns may also be addressed with laser treatments, which can also reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, age spots, and other skin concerns.
Patients can fill in deeper scars with the use of specific dermal fillers. Dermal fillers are made of hyaluronic acid, which is injected directly into the scars to add volume by attracting water molecules to the area.
Subcision is a treatment used to release deep scar tissues that are pulling down on the skin's surface. This can reduce the depth of deep scars and almost eliminate the appearance of shallower scarring.
With this treatment, patients may have skin from another part of the body, commonly the skin behind the ear, transplanted to the area of concern to create a smooth surface.
Many of these dermatological procedures can be performed by Pleasant Hill area dermatologist, Dr. Christine Lee.
- Thermage Procedure Lafayette - What is the Thermage procedure like, and how can Lafayette patients improve their appearance with Thermage treatments?
- Dermatological Procedures Pleasant Hill - Dermatological procedures and treatment options available for correcting acne scarring for Pleasant Hill patients
- Dermatology in Walnut Creek - What can dermatology in Walnut Creek do for you?
- East Bay Dermatology - Enjoy the best skin in East Bay with expert dermatology
- Dermatology in Walnut Creek CA - Dermatology in Walnut Creek includes cosmetic treatments