Traditionally, skin could be resurfaced with dermabrasion, chemical peels, and laser therapies.
Dermabrasion involves mechanically abrading the skin to slough off damaged tissues. The controlled application of customized chemical solutions also abrades damaged tissues.
Lasers have seeming boundless medical applications. In dermatology laser procedures provide noninvasive ways to treat a number of concerns, including:
- Fine creases
- Deeper furrows
Laser devices eliminate skin in the target treatment area while leaving the surrounding, healthy tissue untouched. The heat safely affects underlying areas and layers that give structure to the skin. It can also stimulate the production of firming collagen protein, so you can enjoy skin tightening benefits along with spot correction and other improvements.
CO2 lasers may also use continuous beams of light in a scanning pattern. These “fractional” procedures create small holes in the treatment area. As the area heals, the production of collagen fills in the areas between those holes, resulting in tighter and younger skin.
Dr. Lee uses the Lumenis CO2 laser to perform the most popular ActiveFX, DeepFX, and TotalFX for a range of problems from fine lines on the upper layers of skin to deeper wrinkles and scars. Lumenis CO2 represents one of more than 40 lasers offered by The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute
Like other types of procedures, the length of each treatment session and associated downtime depends on the case, such as where the laser is used and the device’s setting. Recommendations for resurfacing depend on each patient’s needs, including the problem to be treated, the severity of that problem, and patient skin health and overall health.
There are many benefits of skin resurfacing in Walnut Creek. Discover these benefits firsthand by partnering with an internationally-recognized laser expert and inventor: Dr. Christine Lee. Schedule a consultation by calling (925) 500-1180.
- Benefits Of Skin Resurfacing Walnut Creek - From fine lines to acne scars, a range of conditions are treated with laser resurfacing to reveal healthier-looking skin
- CO2 Laser for Sagging Skin Walnut Creek - Walnut Creek area patients ask about CO2 laser treatment for sagging skin
- CO2 Lasers for Facial Wrinkles Bay Area CA - Can patients in the Bay Area, CA use CO2 lasers for facial wrinkles?
- Fractional Laser Treatments Walnut Creek - One Amazing option for Skin Care
- Laser Resurfacing Treatment East Bay Area - East Bay area dermatologist explains laser resurfacing treatment and the benefits it provides