Fractional laser treatments have increased in popularity due to the effectiveness they provide. However, as with many treatments offered by a physician or board certified dermatologist, patients may experience some mild to moderate side effects. There are risks associated with fractional laser treatments, including:
- Increased risk of infection
- Pigmentation issues (hyperpigmentation/hypopigmentation)
- Increase in acne blemishes
- Swelling of the skin
There are specific individuals who should not have fractional laser treatment completed on his or her skin. This includes those who:
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Have diabetes
- Have diseases that compromise the immune system
- Have had radiation therapy in the treatment area
- Have taken isotretinoin within the last 12 months
- Have keloids
If you are interested in learning more about laser skin resurfacing, call The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute today and schedule your initial appointment with Dr. Christine Lee. She is happy to assist new and existing patients in the Lafayette area and welcomes those who want to improve the way they look with advanced dermatological services.
- Cosmetic improvement with tailored laser treatments is available in Walnut Creek
- Scars from past pimples can be removed with fractional laser resurfacing in Walnut Creek, CA
- CO2 laser treatment for stretch marks in Walnut Creek
- Pleasant Hill area patients ask about fractional laser treatment
- What are the most popular fractional lasers in resurfacing procedures in Walnut Creek?
- What is fractional laser and resurfacing treatment in Walnut Creek, CA?
- Where to get fractional laser & resurfacing in California
- What are the risks associated with fractional laser treatments and which patients in the Lafayette area should avoid undergoing this procedure?
- Pleasant Hill area dermatologist explains fractional laser resurfacing
- What is the difference between ablative and non-ablative laser resurfacing for Walnut Creek residents?