Liposuction is the mechanical removal of targeted areas of fat cells by suction. It is not a solution to obesity or an alternative to diet and exercise. Liposuction is ideal for relatively healthy patients, within 20 pounds of their weight goals, with stubborn zones of fat that just don't respond to activity and clean eating. Those problem areas may be double chin and neck, upper arms, abdomen, flanks, back, thighs, or knees.
Liposuction has been around for a long time. Because it is an invasive procedure, it carries risks similar to a comparable surgery. However, with progressive techniques such as tumescent, laser assisted, and ultrasound assisted liposuction, there is less need for general anesthetic, and down time is reduced. Dr. Lee and her team at The Skin and Laser Treatment Institute have a great deal of experience in these methods. She'll take time to understand your goals and your medical background to be sure that you are a good candidate for the procedure. Then she'll let you know what to expect and make sure you have plenty of opportunity to ask questions.
On the day of your procedure, you'll be made comfortable at their state-of-the-art medical facility. Several small incisions are made in the treatment area. A solution infused with lidocaine for maximum comfort is injected into the fatty areas. Then the fat and solution are suctioned off with a small cannula – a tube attached to the vacuum device. A laser or ultrasound may be used to loosen and liquefy the fat for easier removal and reduced blood loss. In addition to removing the fat, Dr. Lee uses an artistic technique to contour treated areas for smooth, attractive curves.
You may expect some bruising, but Dr. Lee will be sure you have medications and instructions necessary to keep you comfortable during recovery. You'll be advised to avoid strenuous exercise for a few days, and wear compression garments for about a month. Most patients are able to return to work within several days to two weeks.
Adult bodies do not continue to produce fat cells (when you gain weight, existing fat cells simply expand). Therefore, liposuction results are permanent in the treated areas. Once fat cells are removed in this manner, they will never come back. If you gain weight in the future, it will be in other locations.
Walnut Creek plastic surgery could be the answer to a slimmer, trimmer you. Call today for a liposuction consultation with Dr. Lee.
- Dermatologist in Walnut Creek, CA describes the types of liposuction treatment available in her practice
- Walnut Creek dermatologist offers liposuction to suit all types of patients
- Walnut Creek dermatologist discusses tumescent liposuction
- Traditional and alternative liposuction techniques in Walnut Creek CA offer the best procedure for your needs
- Experienced surgeon in Walnut Creek describes liposuction
- Walnut Creek surgeon offers liposuction treatment for fat removal
- Liposuction in Walnut Creek could be the beauty treatment you need
- How does liposuction in Walnut Creek work?
- A trimmer you with Walnut Creek plastic surgery
Back to Liposuction Home Page