Mohs surgery is very precise, so the maximum amount of healthy tissue is spared. The technique focuses on only removing the diseased skin providing the best cosmetic outcome. But you can rest assured knowing that Dr. Christine Lee has expertise in cosmetic, reconstructive surgery as well.
Mohs has become a gold standard in skin cancer surgery. This technique is used all over the world because it provides immediate, microscopic evaluation of diseased skin tissue. This means that you can leave your doctors' office knowing that all of the cancer has been removed.
Dr. Lee performs Mohs surgery in her state-of-the-art office. This ensures that costs are minimized and your safety and comfort are maximized. The procedure can typically be completed in one visit, but this can vary based on the severity of the tumor and the necessary reconstruction.
During the procedure, Dr. Lee will precisely remove the tumor and then examine the area using a microscope. She will be looking for any remaining cancer cells. She will remove small sections and then map them to learn the direction that the cancer cells are growing. If she sees additional cancer cells, she will need to remove more tissue. When Dr. Lee determines that the tumor has been completely removed, she will reconstruct the area. During the procedure you will experience only minimal discomfort, if any.
If you need skin cancer surgery in Walnut Creek, California, don't wait to schedule your appointment with Dr. Lee. Early intervention gives the best outcomes. Call today to start your path to being cancer-free.
- Mohs Surgery Close to San Francisco - Who performs Mohs surgery close to the San Francisco Area?
- Skin Cancer Surgery Pleasant Hill - What skin cancer surgery provides Pleasant Hill patients with the best results?
- Skin Cancer Nose Surgery Bay Area - How can Bay Area dermatologists remove skin cancer from the nose?
- Mohs East Bay Walnut Creek - Why did I get skin cancer?
- Walnut Creek Plastic Surgery - Does skin cancer in Walnut Creek mean plastic surgery?
- Skin Cancer Surgery Walnut Creek, CA - Can a doctor in Walnut Creek, CA cure skin cancer with surgery?
Back to Skin Cancer Surgery Home Page